In this activity, participants will learn each other’s names while trying to pass an object around the circle.
Have everyone stand next to each other in a circle.
- Give a tennis ball or other small object to one person.
- They say the name of the person they want to throw the ball to. That person throws the ball to another person, saying their name.
- The group repeats the process until the ball is returned to the first person. Participants need to remember who they passed the ball to for the next round.
- Then, challenge the group to go as fast as they can, while continuing to say each other’s names in the same order as before. Do this several times, each time encouraging the group to go faster.
Facilitator Note: At some point, someone may ask if they can move out of the circle, you just tell them they need to go in the same order and go as fast as they can.
- Have the group go in reverse of the original order of names.
- After the ball has been passed through 3-4 people, add another ball or object. This usually results in confusion. Participants will have to slow down in order to complete the activity.