Leadership Inspirations Activities
Ask Me About…
An easy way to encourage networking and interaction
Type Of Activity
Adhesive name tags
This activity is particularly helpful for encouraging large groups of people to mix and meet. Participants will practice networking with the help of name tags that have great conversation starters!
- Create name tag prompts for every member of your group. Examples:
- Ask Me About…
- My favorite childhood memory
- My best travel story
- My hobbies
- My dream job
- My greatest achievement
- Ask Me About…
- Pass out name tags or have participants choose one to wear.
- Tell them that they will have 10 minutes to mingle and meet with each other.
- They should use the name tags as a way to start their conversations.
- Encourage them to interact with people they don’t already know.
- Remind them that the goal is not to meet as many people as possible, it’s to really get to know the people in the room.
SAMPLE DEBRIEFING QUESTIONS
- What was the goal of this activity?
- Did your group do well? What could have improved?
- How did your group make decisions? Was it effective or ineffective?
- How did your group manage conflict that arose?
- When has your group worked well together in the past? When have they not worked well together?
- When has (something that happened in the activity) happened in the past with your group?
- What habits or actions make a successful or effective team? What are your group’s opportunities for growth when working together?
- What does this activity tell you about the strengths of your group? The areas for improvement?
- What’s one commitment each person can make?
- What are three lessons the group has learned that they can continue to work on?
- How can we implement these lessons in our school/organization?
- What can you do differently moving forward?