Leadership Inspirations Activities
Fastest Name Game Ever
This is the fastest name game ever
Type Of Activity
This is a great quick name game for a particularly large group, when you are short on time for introductions, or when your participants will be wearing name tags during the day.
- Have your group stand together in a circle.
- Tell your group that this is the fastest name game ever.
- They will introduce themselves, then introduce the person to their left, and then the person to their right.
- “Hi, my name is Caelan, this is Gino, and this is Kim”
- Introduction will move counterclockwise around the circle so that the person to their right introduces themselves next.
- “Hi, my name is Kim, this is Caelan, and this is Jayne”
- Continue until everyone in the circle has completed these introductions.
SAMPLE DEBRIEFING QUESTIONS
- What was the goal of this activity?
- Did your group do well? What could have improved?
- How did your group make decisions? Was it effective or ineffective?
- How did your group manage conflict that arose?
- When has your group worked well together in the past? When have they not worked well together?
- When has (something that happened in the activity) happened in the past with your group?
- What habits or actions make a successful or effective team? What are your group’s opportunities for growth when working together?
- What does this activity tell you about the strengths of your group? The areas for improvement?
- What’s one commitment each person can make?
- What are three lessons the group has learned that they can continue to work on?
- How can we implement these lessons in our school/organization?
- What can you do differently moving forward?