Leadership Inspirations Activities
Groups try to say ‘ha’ as many times as possible without laughing for real
Type Of Activity
Try to get as many “Ha’s” in your group as possible without laughing for real. Work as a team and stay focused the entire time or you have to start over!
- Have one person lie down on their back on the ground. The next person will lay perpendicular with their head on stomach of the first person on the ground. Repeat until the entire group is laying in a serpentine line through the room.
- Start at one end of the line. The activity starts with the first person saying “ha”
- Move down the line with each person adding one more “ha” than the person before them. For example, the second person will say “ha ha”, the third “ha ha ha” and so on down the line.
- The group has to try to make it all the way down the line without laughing. If a person laughs, the whole group must start over.
- Safety: Since this activity requires participants to lay on each other, you want to make sure that there is trust and appropriateness before doing this activity.
- If you have a large group start at the other end of the line sometimes and go in the reverse order so that more people have a chance to play.
- Tell really funny jokes to try to get group members to laugh!
SAMPLE DEBRIEFING QUESTIONS
- What was the goal of this activity?
- Did your group do well? What could have improved?
- How did your group make decisions? Was it effective or ineffective?
- How did your group manage conflict that arose?
- What are the traits that make someone successful on this team? What are the traits that make someone unsuccessful on this team?
- What motivates our group?
- How does our group dynamic affect the way we get work done?
- What does this activity tell you about the strengths of your group? The areas for improvement?
- What’s one commitment each person can make?
- What are three lessons the group has learned that they can continue to work on?
- How can we implement these lessons in our school/organization?
- What can you do differently moving forward?