Leadership Inspirations Activities
I Love That I…
A personal positive affirmation activity
Type Of Activity
Paper and markers
This activity allows group members to give themselves positive affirmations while sharing with their group members.
- Give everyone a piece of paper and a pen/markers
- You can prepare an example poster of the chart if you would like
- Participants will fill in the chart for themselves, answering the prompts
- I Love That I Can…
- I Love That I Am…
- I Love That I Have…
- Have group members share what they wrote in pairs.
- Make sure they get the chance to share with more than one person.
- At the end, you may ask for some people to share something they learned about someone else in the room.
- Allow participants to depict these parts of their lives in any way that they would like – they don’t have to be limited to the chart.
- If you have enough time, have group members share what they wrote with the large group. To save on time you could ask them to just share one thing from each prompt.
- Do this as a group activity with the prompts We Love That We Can, That We Are, That We Have.
SAMPLE DEBRIEFING QUESTIONS
- What was the goal of this activity?
- Did your group do well? What could have improved?
- How did your group make decisions? Was it effective or ineffective?
- How did your group manage conflict that arose?
- When has your group worked well together in the past? When have they not worked well together?
- When has (something that happened in the activity) happened in the past with your group?
- What habits or actions make a successful or effective team? What are your group’s opportunities for growth when working together?
- What does this activity tell you about the strengths of your group? The areas for improvement?
- What’s one commitment each person can make?
- What are three lessons the group has learned that they can continue to work on?
- How can we implement these lessons in our school/organization?
- What can you do differently moving forward?