Leadership Inspirations Activities
Move a penny from your nose off of your face only using facial muscles
Type Of Activity
One Penny Per Pair
- Have your group break into partners and give each pair a penny.
- One person lies on their back and balances a penny on their nose.
- Without moving anything but their facial muscles, they try to get the penny off their face.
- The partner watching is the judge and cheerleader.
- Not everyone will be able to get the penny off, switch roles before people get frustrated.
SAMPLE DEBRIEFING QUESTIONS
- What was the goal of this activity?
- Did your group do well? What could have improved?
- How did your group make decisions? Was it effective or ineffective?
- How did your group manage conflict that arose?
- Are we the only ones that define our purpose? What or who influences our purpose?
- How do we communicate our purpose to new members or people outside of our group?
- Why is it important that we all understand the purpose of our group/activity/etc.?
- What does this activity tell you about the strengths of your group? The areas for improvement?
- What’s one commitment each person can make?
- What are three lessons the group has learned that they can continue to work on?
- How can we implement these lessons in our school/organization?
- What can you do differently moving forward?