Leadership Inspirations Activities
People To People
Group members will be instructed to join limbs and see what kind of funny positions pairs can get into
Type Of Activity
- Have the group pair off with someone they do not know very well.
- You are going to call out two body parts (appropriate), for example “elbow to forehead”, and the participants would have to touch elbows to foreheads.
- The purpose is to become more comfortable with their partner.
- After three or so of these fun challenges, you are going to call out a question. An example would be “What is your favorite color?” and the participants must ask their partner their favorite color while still in position.
- You can mix it up and throw in a few more body parts, or you can call out “people to people” at which point they must find a new partner.
- Repeat from first step until group members have met several new people.
- Have people get into groups of 3 or more.
SAMPLE DEBRIEFING QUESTIONS
- What was the goal of this activity?
- Did your group do well? What could have improved?
- How did your group make decisions? Was it effective or ineffective?
- How did your group manage conflict that arose?
Inclusion and Involvement
- What does it mean to be inclusive or exclusive?
- What did we do as a group that was inclusive? That was exclusive/not inclusive?
- Why is inclusion and involvement important for our group?
- What does this activity tell you about the strengths of your group? The areas for improvement?
- What’s one commitment each person can make?
- What are three lessons the group has learned that they can continue to work on?
- How can we implement these lessons in our school/organization?
- What can you do differently moving forward?